Very much a work in progress! Check back onto this post for updates.
- Serial Number: R218061
- Model: 28K
- Date: 1902
- Decal: “Victorian”
- Vibrating Shuttle
- Low Bobbin Winder
- Manual Tension Release
- Coffin Lid Case
- Hand Crank
- Oil bottle
- Key for the coffin case
- 6 shuttle bobbins
- Shuttle bobbin bullet case
- Assorted sewing machine needles (from the 1960s)
So Far I have:
- Dusted the whole thing, using a soft bristle painting brush.
- Cleaned the wooden coffin case and wooden base. Using warm water and a mild washing up liquid solution.
- Taken out the worst of the dust bunnies and lint build up from the bobbin area.
- Cleaned the body of the machine with sewing machine oil.
- Unstuck the further bobbin slide plate. Using WD 40.
Completed on the 6th March 2020
- Cleaning the bobbin slide plates, and needle plates. Using an all purpose power cream surface cleaner branded “Bar Keepers Friend”, and isopropyl alcohol at 99.9% diluted with water.
- Take off and clean the hand crank.
I am Currently Working on:
- Cleaning the original screw driver and oil bottle. Also using the cream and alcohol.
- Sanding and varnishing the screwdriver handle.
- Bend the further bobbin slide plate into a straighter shape.
- Look into the “oil wick”. Perhaps replace with new merino wool felt?